When you first log into Glacier Chat, you will be brought to the main screen, where you will either see a list of your active chats (if you have any), or a screen informing you that you have no active conversations at the time. From this screen, you can navigate to all other screens within Glacier Chat.
The primary navigation with Glacier Chat is handled by the main menu, which can be seen by tapping the three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the main screen.
- To edit your profile, tap on the avatar at the top of the menu to go to the screen.
- To edit your status, tap on your displayed status on the menu, located beneath your display name.
- Chats - this brings you to the list of your active chats (the main screen).
- Contacts - From the Contacts screen, you can see a list of your contacts, see available group chats, start a 1:1 chat, create a group chat, or join an existing group chat.
- Search - The Search screen allows you to search your messages for specific words or strings of characters, which is helpful if you are trying to find a message but can't remember which chat it was in or when it arrived.
- FileSafe - FileSafe allows users to safely upload files which can then be accessed later through private channels.
- Core - Glacier Core is used to add an additional level of encryption and protection. When connected to Core, this page allows the user to see the connection details, and to switch between Glacier profiles as needed or desired.
- Settings - The Settings page provides the user with additional levels of customization within Glacier Chat.
When you first log into Glacier Chat for iOS, you will be brought to the main screen, where you will either see a list of your active chats (if you have any), or a screen informing you that you have no active conversations at the time. From this screen, you can navigate to all other screens with Glacier Chat.
- Enter an existing chat (if any) by tapping on the conversation in the list.
- See your Contacts and available group chats, start new chats, or join an existing group chat by tapping the chat icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Create a new group chat by tapping the chat icon located at the top right corner of the screen, and then tapping at the top right corner of the screen.
- Access the Settings page using the menu (3 dots) located at the top left of the screen, from which you can:
- Update your Profile (display name and avatar)
- Set global message timers
- Clear chat history
- Connect to a Glacier Core VPN profile as an extra layer of protection (if part of your subscription and enabled), and
- Access the Support Center and User Guide.